I need to rest my password. I mistakenly tossed the one I…

Customer Question
I need to rest...

I need to rest my password. I mistakenly tossed the one I chose.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

RCA tablet

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your RCA tablet?

10 Viking Pro

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your RCA tablet?

Tried to enter passwords but they're wrong. I don't remember the password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of right now

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Computer
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Is a password ***** going to be sent?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I paid to have reset already
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 21 days ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. This is an independent tech support site not affiliated with any company or service provider. If you would like to continue, I would be happy to assist you.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What information do you need from me? I've been corresponding for over an hour

First, let me explain how this will work. We do not send passwords, but what I can do is help you reset your tablet which will delete the current password ***** with any data you might want to be saved.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Alright so what do I need to do?

Okay, first make sure you have it connected to the power supply then power it off.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Alright. Done

Press and hold volume up and power button then release power button when you see RCA logo, release volume up button when tablet reaches system recovery screen.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Back at Wi-Fi log in screen

Okay, try again please and make sure you are powered off to start with and are pressing and holding the correct buttons to restart.

How's it going?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It didn't work.

Are you able to get to the System Recovery Screen?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No. It goes to RCA screen then WI -Fi log in
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I'm there now

Okay. We may need to try this more than once so be patient, please. With the tablet powered on, press and hold the reset button for several seconds until the tablet powers off. Wait a few seconds then power it on with the power button and see if you can log in.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Asking for password

Okay, now power the tablet down completely, and then hold both the volume up button and the power button until the RCA logo appears on the screen. When the screen changes to the Android bot on his back, press and hold the power button and then press volume up once more.

Andy, Computer Consultant