Battery is plugged in, the charger is working correctly, but…

Customer Question
Battery is plugged in...

Battery is plugged in, the charger is working correctly, but I got an error stating "plugged in not charging". When I restarted the computer, I got a quick error message that was too fast to read that said "Windows doesn't recognize my battery.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell Insperon 17 laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and version of Windows of your Dell?

7 Ultimate

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, and it's created some havoc. There were a number of them to be installed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I have

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 2 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First try the following steps:

• Power off the system.
  • Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the battery from it.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds to release the residual charge from the laptop.
  • Reconnect the battery and the AC Adapter.
  • Once the system is powered on and booted properly, check if you still get the error or not.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert