E here again. Received a few words from personnel at your…

Customer Question
Richard E Miller here...

Richard E Miller here again. Received a few words from personnel at your office stating there was an issue submitting my request to correct my Email info., but I did not receive a reason or explanation for denying my request..I only use my Email for stock updtes and quotations. I do not know how to text, never have and never will. There has to be another way to contact me in an effort to sort things out and get me started logged back on to my Email account. If you can not honor my request, then ask me questions that only I Richard E. Miller would know, as you did the last time I encountered this problem!!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

As explained before, am 87 , and only started using a desk top computer 20 years ago. The information, for the most part, is Email from subscription I receive to give me a heads up on stock investments, and am limited to Email replies and letters sent to me. Does this help answer your question?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Bare with me on my answer. Just moved to Milton . Fl a little over 3 weeks ago from Buchanan, Ga. Had hackers get into my account, resulting in my cancelling all credit cards and contacting various and sundry fraud agents, who resolved most of my losses. Was told by my computer repair man that even with the best virus protections etc., I can still be hacked. Got a one year contract with Staples, the people that sold me this computer, who in turn gave me the same advice and sold me a one year contract. I then subsequently used them twice before moving to Milton, Fl. to resolve issues involving locking up my computer, telling me that for X number of dollars they would correct a problem they said was due to hackers. My computer repairman showed me how, with patience, I could overcome the problem by restarting the computer every time the locked me out. This procedure has helped me three times in last six weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only to ask me questions that would satisfy him that I am Richard E. Miller!!!!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.