I cannot factory reset my laptop. It is an ASUS running

Customer Question
I cannot factory reset...

I cannot factory reset my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is an ASUS running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't believe so, I've gone in to the settings and tried to wipe my files as well as trying to do it outside of windows

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. I can help you via Secure Remote Assistance or this chat. If you have not done so already you can try performing a "Reset this PC" from within Windows 10.

Are you getting any errors when trying to perform a factory reset? If so, please post them. If not there might be a factory recovery partition on the hard drive that you have to boot from as soon as you power on that laptop.

If you give me the model number of that laptop I can try to find the exact key(s) to open the factory recovery tool.

Thanks,

Aaron

Tech Support Specialist: William Harder, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
William Harder
William Harder, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello.

Here is how you can wipe Windows 10. Please note that there is no requirement for a USB drive and there are two wipe options to carefully read.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. This should resolve your request. Also, please provide a

positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work. A tip is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

MCSE - Server Infrastructure

MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

MCSA - Server 2012