I have recently installed my 5D Extra on my new computer, an…

Customer Question
I have recently installed...

I have recently installed my 5D Extra on my new computer, an H.P. w/ windows 10........my dongle isn't communicating.......how do i know if it's broken, or some error?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

No, it just didn't light up and the message seems to be about needing hasp/dongle

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What is your suggestion? should i try to find a dealer? the 2 i used before are not selling HV machines....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What would be helpful to you?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i'm trying to get the dongle for my program to allow the program , 5D, to work. do i need to try to get a new dongle, if so, how?

Is this for a camera or another device?