I'm a journalist who prefers to tape interviews by land

Customer Question
I'm a journalist who...

I'm a journalist who prefers to tape interviews by land telephone. Can audio drivers be downloaded to modem so it has this capability?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

I am totally ignorant when it comes to tech.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything. ;Seems wise to I don't screw up my system..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Would like to have capability to do phone interviews using my computer.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello is your current setup a landline plugged into a telephone landline dial up modem, or is it a VoIP phone plugged into your router that you subscribed to a landline number?

Dial up modem I suppose since VOIP isn't used.
Don't need you to access my system. The question is: if I download the right drivers to the modem can I do interviews using my computer?

Hello there, sorry but no "drivers" can be installed to do this.

You need to rely on a third party app. Here a mix of free & paid apps to do this.

Here is an app that has a free trial click me

Also check out this one click me

Click me (video)

Click me