Having problems getting on my yahoo account I lost my

Customer Question
Having problems getting on...

Having problems getting on my yahoo account I lost my password.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Well I don't have the cellphone I had then.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Open the Yahoo Sign In Helper page by clicking on the following link:

click here

Enter your email ID into the field provided and click Continue. If you would rather receive password ***** information via phone, enter a mobile phone number associated with your Yahoo email account settings.

Select how you would like to reset your email password.

1. The Alternative Email option will send password ***** information (verification code) to an alternative email address configured in your Yahoo account settings.Once you receive the email and enter the verification code into the field provided, you will be able to enter a new password ***** access your account.

2. The Mobile Phone Number retrieval option will send the password ***** information (verification code) to a mobile phone via text message. If you select this option, the last two digits of the phone number where the verification code will be sent is displayed. When you confirm that phone number, a text message is sent to that phone number with the verification code. Enter the verification code into the field provided to gain access to create a new password ***** access your email account.

3. The security question option will display questions about your account that, if you answer correctly, will grant you access to reset your email account password. To use this option enter the CAPATCHA information requested, then answer the security questions displayed. If you answer the questions correctly, Yahoo will provide you access to create a new password ***** then access your email account.