Can you help me setup google chromecast. IPad pro. The

Customer Question
Can you help me...

Can you help me setup google chromecast

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

IPad pro

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

The latest

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I had it working did something wrong tonite

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 23 days ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

These are the steps you need to take to setup the chromecast.

1. Plug in Chromecast.
  2. Install the Google Home app by navigating to g.co/home/setup on your Chromecast supported iOS device.
    1. Or click to download the Google Home app for iOS.
  3. Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast device.
  4. Open the Google Home app.
  5. Tap Get Started or find the device card Set up.
  6. Confirm Google Account: Choose which Google Account you want to link to Chromecast. You can also add a different account if you don’t see the account you want to use listed. Tap Ok
  7. Bluetooth: If you already have Bluetooth turned on, you won’t see this screen. You can skip to the next step.
    1. Highly recommended: If you don’t have Bluetooth turned on, the Google Home app will ask you to turn on Bluetooth to help improve the setup process. You can swipe up from the bottom of your Home screen and turn on Bluetooth.
    2. If you don't want to turn on Bluetooth for setup,
      1. Tap No thanks.
      2. Tap your iPhone’s Home button tap the Settings app Wi-Fi.
      3. Connect to the Wi-Fi network that matches your Chromecast device. Look for something like ChromecastXXXX.b.
      4. Navigate back to the Google Home app. Your device should now be detected. Tap Next.Then skip to step 9.
  8. Scanning for Chromecast devices: The Google Home app scans for nearby devices that are plugged in and ready to set up.
    1. If you only have one device that needs to be set up, tap Next.
    2. If the Google Home app finds a list of devices, tap the device you want to set up Next.
  9. Found devices:
    1. If one device is found, tap Next.
    2. If multiple devices are found, choose the device you want to set up Next.
    3. If you don’t see your device, tap Don’t see your device.
  10. Connecting to your new device. The app will now connect your phone to your Chromecast so that you can configure it.
  11. Making a connection: We are now establishing a connection with Chromecast.
    1. If you see a code on your TV, tap Yes.
    2. If you see a code on your TV, tap Try again Scan for devices.
  12. Help improve your device: Automatically share device stats and crash reports with Google to improve everyone’s experience. Tap Yes, I’m in if you would like to help improve your device. Otherwise, tap No Thanks. Here's more about what data is shared when you choose this setting.
  13. Region selection: You may need to set your region. Tap the region list select your region Continue. If you don’t see this screen, move to step 14.
  14. Room selection: Choose the room where your device is located. This helps you identify the device when you want to cast to it. Tap Next.
    • You can create a custom room room by tapping Add custom room type in Room name Next.
  15. Connecting to Wi-Fi: If you’re connecting via Ethernet, skip to step 16. Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to your device. Tap Next.
    • If you selected a Wi-Fi network from the list, you’ll be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi password. Then tap Connect. The Google Home app will remember this network when you set up more devices. If you don’t want the Google Home app to remember this network, uncheck Use this Wi-Fi network to set up future devices.
    • If you selected Other Wi-Fi network, you will need to manually enter the Network Name, Password, and select the Security Mode you use with your network.
  16. Ethernet: Follow the steps to set up using Ethernet.
  17. Linking your Chromecast: Your Chromecast uses your Google Account to personalize your experience. Tap Continue.
  18. Summary screen: Here’s a review of what you set up. You can choose to set up other functionality. Tap Next Continue.
  19. Learn how to cast: Choose a sample clip to learn how to cast or tap Skip tutorial.
  20. Set up is successful. You're all done!
  21. Email subscription: Discover tips and new features with email updates for your device and the Google Assistant. Tap Subscribe.