My disabled daughter’s phone had to be reset but now the…

Customer Question
My disabled daughter’s phone...

My disabled daughter’s phone had to be reset but now the phone won’t accept her Google Account info to unlock the device. The password ***** signing into her Google Acct on the laptop. Not sure what is going on. It won’t use the recovery phone number linked with her account neither. Help please

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

She was able to call my husband, her dad yesterday. It’s a Moto 5th generation phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

That’s what got us into this pickle to start with. We were willing to lose the data if we got the phone to work but now it won’t go passed “Verify your account”

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that her Google Account used to set up her phone is not working. It gave me a message that the password ***** recently changed and to wait 24 hours from the time it was changed. My disabled daughter didn’t know the password ***** couldn’t have changed it AND the password ***** on the laptop.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 29 days ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Have you tried re-seating the password?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What do you mean by re-seating the password?

sorry, guess I should have reread it before sending it. I was asking if you had tried resetting the password.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Indon’t Know how you would remotely connect to the device since it won’t let me log on.

That is an automated message. I can't control it. Please ignore it.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I just reset the password ***** can try again

If you just reset the password, no need to do it again. What is the message it gives when you try to use it to set the phone up?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Won’t work on the Moto phone even though it let me log into the Goggle Mail Account

What error is the phone giving when trying to log into the account

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Well I never reset the password
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I just got a message that I asked for Secure Remote Assistant e request. I did NOT. Do not charge me for this service
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My screen started to flicker as I was typing my response and as I pushed SEND, the rmessage popped up

If you can log into the gmail account, there is no need to reset the password. I just need to know what happens on the phone when you try to use the account to set the phone up. I haven't gotten anything that you're requesting it. If I do I will decline it anyway.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I reset it just to see if there was some glitch and you asked if I has tried re-setting it. Now, the message says the password ***** recently changed and to try again in 24 hours. Ugh!

Thats what the phone is telling you when you try to log in?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
This is for the factory reset because my daughter let someone play with her phone and there were 200 apps downloaded and all the RAMs and Memory was full. So much so that I couldn’t delete the apps except one at a time and shutdown after every so many deleted. It was just easier to reset to factory setting and start over but the Google Account wouldn’t let me log on. So frustrating.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How do I make sure I don’t get charged for the $39 Remote Assistance fee?

What that is, is a security feature of Googles. Changing it then trying to setup a device will sometimes trip a lock out feature to protect the account owner.

It will clear in 24 hours. There is nothing you can do till then.

I just got the request for secure remote assistance pop up.

Get ahold of customer service and tell them you didn't want it.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What is the phone number for customer service

1-***-***-**** They are open till 9pm PST

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you!

I think the site might have a glitch. The remote assistance offer just expired. If you still can't log into the phone this time tomorrow. Send me another message.