Pearl. I am using my wife's computer to post this question.

Customer Question
Hi, Pearl.I am using...

Hi, Pearl.I am using my wife's computer to post this question.After this last Wednesday's major Windows update my computer stopped allowing my internet browsers (Chrome, Edge, and IE) to access the internet. It gives off the error saying that "the website cannot be reached". I have been searching online (on this computer) for hours but nothing helped.My home WiFi is fine (that's how I'm using my wife's computer to access this web page). If I go to the network status settings on my computer it shows my WiFi is connected - it specifically says "you're connected to the internet". I can even send and receive emails through the Outlook desktop application.I just can't use the web browsers.Can you help me?Thanks in advance.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Long time ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yep, just like I mentioned on the original question... Again, right now I'm using my wife's computer, which is also connected to our WiFi network

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure... I'm connected to the internet but browsers are not allowed to use it... :(

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No, Harry, don't need help anymore. Got help from Microsoft Community here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unable-to-use-internet-browser-after-windows-10/75813bcc-0ba6-4be1-8a52-40111ff7fe58?messageId=ed1044f0-3a3c-448b-bdc2-30ca907d0367. Thanks.