Graphics for common windows apps--the control panel, for…

Customer Question
Graphics for common windows...

Graphics for common windows apps--the control panel, for example--do not show text. Change occurred suddenly.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Thinkpad T430

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your ThinkPad?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

No recent updates. I have run Lenovo hardware tests.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am a decent person, joyful to be alive, who needs his computer.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Cancel my subscription. Don't sell services you can't deliver.
5/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

Try swiping across the area of the apparently missing text, to highlight that area - if the text now shows up, the problem is in a change of 'foreground text color' in the Display properties or similar area (e.g. Themes perhaps) of Control Panel, to make the foreground text color the same as the background color - or a change of the background color perhaps? that might do the same thing... making the text invisible.

If the text is genuinely not there, that's different - and very rare. Let me know if that is the case, but speaking tentatively, I would recommend A. a System Restore to a few days ago - unless you recently installed some Microsoft app or program suite of some price, which might do harm to the install of that Microsoft app or program suite. Or B. check your anti-virus status in Security Status, and if you only have Windows Defender, you need a better anti-virus, to do a Deep Scan or a Full Scan on your computer's C: hard drive. Or, C. change just the Background color of the screen, back to whatever it was before ... if you can remember, or have noticed a change of background color, etc.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

As to your subscription status: As a JustAnswer Expert, I have no power over your subscription or its status or similarly. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.