WHILE WORKING ON A FILE IT DISAPEARED. CANT FIND IT I WANT…

Customer Question
WHILE WORKING ON A...

WHILE WORKING ON A FILE IT DISAPEARED. CANT FIND IT I WANT TO KNOW IF WE RESTORE THE COMPUTER TO 5/25/2018 WILL WE GET THE FILE BACK

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

DESK TOP INSPIRON 3647

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

WINDOWS 8

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

NO WE HAVE SEARCHED THE COMPLUTER

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

I am sorry to have to say, the file will not be brought back with a System Restore, owing to the fact that System Restore carefully avoids touching or altering anything like a data file or a user-created file. It only applies to system or program-code files.

What sort of file was it? how did it disappear exactly? (I ask, because some files from some programs can be retrieved by special techniques.)

We need to find file we were working on last

No

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)