The "OPT" light on my Biznet Wifi modem, model H670G is red…

Customer Question
The "OPT" light on...

The "OPT" light on my Biznet Wifi modem, model H670G is red (or orange), and not green. I do still have internet connection, and the speed is about normal. Why is the light red, and what can be done to change it back to green?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No, I do not have Ethernet cable.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Pwr: Green; OPT: Red; Data: Blinking Green; Lan1: Red

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

The 2nd day I had the Biznet Internet, lost internet service for about 8 hours. During that time, the OPT light was Red. After the internet came back on, the OPT was Green.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Memory errors in the modem can cause the light to turn and remain red. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the modem and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the modem and power up the device. Wait for the modem to completely start up. Then reboot your computer after the modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.