A pop up came on & said pornogrphic virus hack or something…

Customer Question
A pop up came...

A pop up came on & said pornogrphic virus hack or something was in it & call Microsoft suppport in 5 minutes or my computer would be shut down so I the number & after much bs the guy wants $369 $US to fix it I said ok but he wanted 3 google cards or iTunes cards @ &100 each! I said I’d have to go buy them & then my wife said no!!! He gave me his # & said call back when I got them & said do not restart my computer! But I did! Now I get the original start up screen saying “Attempting repairs then your compass unable to restart”! Please help me fix this my wife is really mad & I am really mad at me, too! Thank You Kindly! Karl

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Pop?

I don’t understand

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

I don’t know what my pop is?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons)?

No mam. How should I do this. Please?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No Mam this is on my pc at home!! Sorry!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. What operating system are you using? For example Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10?

If your operating system is XP, Vista, or 7 you can power on that computer. Then keep tapping the F8 key until an advanced boot options menu opens. Choose "Last known good configuration".

Thanks,

Aaron

I rebooted Aaron & it pops up Launch Startup Repair (recommended) & F8 tapping avails nothing, Buddy! What next?

I cannot help you remotely, since your computer does not boot into Windows. I need to know what version of Windows you have installed? Do you have a recovery CD-ROM?

Are you able to access any other options during the startup repair? If you give me the brand and model of computer I might be able to find a way to perform a factory recovery.

I’m here

.

Tech Support Specialist: Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.