I have the brightness set on my Lenova to bright, but when I…

Customer Question
I have the brightness...

I have the brightness set on my Lenova to bright, but when I unplug it, it dims anyway.

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10, ideapad 110

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

As long as we've had it. I have tried changing the settings, created a new setting even.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to keep it bright when it is unplugged.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Mirza Vaseem, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Mirza Vaseem
Mirza Vaseem, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with the issue you are facing.

From the problem description I understand that the Laptop brightness dims away when you unplug it from the charger.

Firstly, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Please be assured that I will be glad to help you in this matter.

Please try the below steps to fix this issue:

-> Click on the start button and type "Power Options".

-> You will see "Power and Sleep settings" showing up in the list

-> Under the Display options, you will see Change Brightness and there is a slider on it

-> Unplug the charger and set the brightness levels

-> Plug the charger now and set the brightness levels

-> These two settings will leave the level to what you want and that will fix the issue.

Please let me know if that fixes the issue. Looking forward to your response to help you further.

In case the issue gets fixed, please rate my service with a 5-star. Your rating is very important for us.

We want to make sure you get the right solution and the best in class customer experience.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I will be more than happy to help you.

Regards,
Vaseem

That did not fix the issue. As soon as I unplug it, it dims again.

Thank you for the update. Sorry that didn't fix.

Have you set the brightness to full with the charger plugged and unplugged?

Also, did you restart the computer once after setting this? If no, please try this and let me know if that works.

I will wait to hear from you on the status.

I did resrart it. That didn't work either, sorry. I do not want you to take over the laptop and I do not want to pay you the $42. I see that you have already made that charge. Please refund me the $42.

Thank you for the update. Remote assistance isn't accepted from my end so you shouldn't be charged for that. I am unsure on your charges as I am another user, just like you, helping you get your issue sorted out. Once you login, you can go to your account and check on these charges.

With regards ***** ***** brightness, please try the below steps to see if that fixes it.
-> Please go to Power and Sleep again. Type Power options in the start menu and you will see Power and Sleep settings option. Please click on that.
-> To the left, click on battery
-> Now to the right, please make sure the option called "Lower Screen brightness while in battery saver" in unchecked.
-> Test the computer now and let me know if that fixes the issue

Did that, no luck. On the Battery page it says "Screen brightness is set to 100% on battery power." But that does not appear to be true.