While changing my password, the url address was accidently…

Customer Question
While changing my password...

While changing my password, the url address was accidently changed (not sure how that happend!) to a site that does not exist!

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Have a web page on wordpress using a hp computer!

Technician's Assistant: What feature of WordPress can we help you with?

How can I change the url address back to correct address?

Technician's Assistant: The Programmer will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

You were attempting to change your password ***** the backend wordpress login?

the url address was changed to a nonexistent site..how can I get back into settings to correct that?

What is your website URL?

www.moberly.k12.mo.us/

Are you using Wordpress for your website?

That does not look like a Wordpress theme.

I am secretary for nonprofit and use work computer for updating page etc. There have been several secretaries prior to myself and I could not tell you what url address was originally used.

Okay, I will opt out and hand this off to another expert.

Is there anyway that you can restore to original url address?
Tech Support Specialist: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

Please confirm if the attached is the home pageof your site or not

Regards,

G

I'm sorry-I am not seeing an attachment
That is my school home page where I am working from. I have no idea what the url address was or who owns the domain from when the web page was started. Is there anyway to discover or restore what the url address was before it changed when I created new password?
Here is the admin web page:
www.randolphcoexcel.org/wp-admin/

There should be just a sec

Any idea on who is hosting the website, i.g GoDaddy, digitalocean, etc?

Let me see if I can find that out!
Found record of payment made to Internet Domain Name Services Inc. in 2016

Do you know an organization by the name Woogedy LLC?

kept digging and found that a past president of EXCEL had a company/ties with that name. His name is***** Contact was made with him. He gave information that he had-didn't remember much. Can we use that and restore webpage?

Alright, to fix the issue we need access to the db.

So, it is basically the hosting service provider that we need where the website files reside

If we can get information about the hosting service provider and credentials, we can login to what they call cPanel. Through the cPanel, the db can be accessed and modified to correct the website url