Start does not open, notifications does not open, windows…

Start does not open...

Start does not open, notifications does not open

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Hp don't know model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

2 days ago microsoft one stop started to download hasn't worked since

5/24/2018
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. I can help you via Secure Remote Assistance or this chat. You might be able to perform a Windows system restore.

Restore Windows back to before you were having this problem. Press Ctrl Alt Delete keys at the same time.

A blue windows should open up. Select "Task Manager". Click on "File" from top menu.

Select "Run new task". Place check next to "Create this task with administrative privileges". Type in "cmd" without quotes".

Click on "OK". Type this command into a black command prompt window:

rstrui.exe

A system restore windows should open. Click on "Next". Choose a restore point by clicking on one, then click "Next".

Try to choose a restore point back to before you were having this problem. Click on "Finish" to confirm your restore point. Windows 10 system restore will need to restart your computer and can take awhile to run.

Eventually Windows 10 will boot normal. Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
clicked on task manager nothing happened

In order for me to remotely connect to your computer, please click on this Teamviewer Quick Support link:

https://download.teamviewer.com/qs

Choose "Run" or "Save". If you choose "Run", then please leave Teamviewer window open. I will need you to give me the "YOUR ID" and "PASSWORD" displayed on screen.

If you save it to your computer, then double click it to open Teamviewer. Leave Teamviewer open. I will need you to give me the "YOUR ID" and "PASSWORD" displayed so that I can remotely connect to your computer.

teamviewer wouldn't open

You can try to open a command prompt by pressing and holding the windows key and R key at the same time. A run box should open up.

Type in:

rstrui.exe

See if system restore will now open.

nothing happens

Press windows key and X key at same time. Select command prompt. Type in rstrui.exe.

still nothing

Will file explorer open?

how do i open file explorer?

It is a yellow file icon on your bottom task bar. Are you able to see your icons on the bottom task bar?

Click on yellow file explorer icon and see if it will open.

ok
it opens

Excellent. At the top of file explorer look for "This PC". You can type in text into that bar.

Type in cmd and press enter.

black screen came up c:\windows\system32> came up

Type in this command into black window.

rstrui.exe

still can't use search, notifications, or start
system restore didn't finish

Open file manager the way you did before. Open a command prompt through file manager. Perform an sfc scan three times in command prompt.

sfc /scannow

Reboot windows 10. Try system restore. If it does not complete run a chkdsk scan in a command prompt. Reboot the computer after scheduling chkdsk scan

chkdsk c: /f /r

Type a Y for yes to schedule scan.

I'm still having the same problem and now the computer freezes sometimes. how do i do a complete scan of windows?
windows and x won't open, windows defender won't open

You can check out this link below. It has all the instructions I gave you since your request has been open.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/b9yrh-start-does-not-open-notifications-does-not-open-windows.html

chkdsk and sfc are two system scans that sometimes fixes problems. You need to try to get system restore to work. Also, you can try a Windows 10 "Reset this PC".

Right click the Windows 10 icon in lower left corner. Choose "Search" and type in "Reset this PC". Click on "Reset this PC.

Click on "Get Started" under "Recovery". You have two options to choose from. Select the second one "Remove everything".

You will be given two choices again. Select the second choice "Remove files and clean the drive". Click on "Reset" to begin resetting that computer.

Eventually, that computer will restart and complete the process.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing has worked! still the same problems.

Create recovery flash drive with another computer with Windows 10. Boot off the flash drive. Then follow all my previous instructions.