My computer did a update and it crashed, so I did a complete…

My computer did a...

My computer did a update and it crashed, so I did a complete reset and everything went good. I got to the first screen to choose keyboard layout, time zone etc.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Toshiba Laptop: L875-S7108

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

I believe I bought it in 2011/2012, so I am guessing 7 or 8?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, I get to the first main screen where I choose keyboard layout, time zone, next screen says, Why did my PC restart? 1-4 are listed and I push next and that is the farthest I can get?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I connected to a wifi network and pushed next. Screen says there's a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/24/2018
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Which step of the setup are you currently on?

John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer
I get to the first page when I reset my computer choosing keyboard, etc. , Next screen says Why did my PC restart, There's a problem that keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get things ready. I push next and it says, Just wait a moment. I get stuck here and it reboots to black toshiba main screen and just goes back to first screen where it says choose keyboard etc

Could you tell me what steps you took to reset the PC?

I went to the screen where it says reset pc,and push but use it again, another option was reset and recycle PC. I didn't push recycle button. Everything looked like it went good until that first screen now
I pushed shift and restart button to get to that screen

Do you have another computer available and an 8GB or larger USB flash drive? We may need to make a recovery drive as the built in recovery for your Windows could be corrupt

I have usb flash drive that I could use

As well as another computer we can use to make the recovery?

I have to run now, maybe I will do this at a later time. Thank You!
Will I get reimbursed the 39 dollars, so I can do it at another time?

Before you leaver, can we quickly begin making the recovery drive? It will not take long at all. Creating the drive can take some time so it it best to do it while you are away

Sorry, I need to take my laptop with for work.

Not a problem, I completely understand. Please message me on this chat when you are ready again

K sounds good, thank you!

You're very welcome!