I have been trying for 2 hours to speak with someone. I am…

I have been trying...

I have been trying for 2 hours to speak with someone. I am receiving many pop ups from google on my phone. I am not and adept technology user and these pop ups make it impossible to make or receive calls. I cannot x out of them fast enough. Can someone pls help me fix my phone so I do not receive google popups?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pop?

Google Chrome

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pop? What have you tried so far?

I eliminated all apps

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not want to give anyone my credit card number over the internet

5/24/2018
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

What do the pop-ups say?

Ricky Expert
They are advertisements for all kinds of things

Okay, it sounds like you have malware on your phone. What is the make and model of your phone?

samsung do not know model
I am not paying $39 for anything and did not accept an offer as it says on my screen right now this looks like a scam

Okay, the best way to get rid of these annoyances is going to be to reset your phone completely. This is what I recommend doing, to make it running like new again. Would you like me to walk you through this?

only if I am not being charged 39 dollars

Okay, please do the following:

1. Tap the Settings icon from your home screen or app drawer.
  2. Swipe up to scroll down to the bottom of the settings menu.
  3. Tap System

4. Hit Reset options.
  5. Select Erase all data (factory reset).
  6. Swipe up to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

7. Hit the Reset phone button.
  8. Enter your device PIN and select Continue.
  9. Tap Erase everything.

ok my phone keeps pinging but I do not know what to do
there is no settings icon
also i do not know what an app drawer is
am I no longer connected to anyone
okay this is clearly a waste of time I am making a physical copy of all this and sending it to the FTC you people are fraudulent and should be prosecuted for your tactics

What do you mean by pinging? There is a settings icon in your apps list on your phone.