How do I retrieve my IPhone password? They tell me it takes…

Customer Question
How do I retrieve my...
How do I retrieve my IPhone password? They tell me it takes 14 days. I am trying to move my iphone 7 from att to TMobile in place of my android that I am currently using. I think I have unlocked the I phone. Inorder to get it on android you need your old Apple password ***** they have lost. FRUSTRATION! By the way TNX for helping on my FDWDG web site question. I gave you 5 stars.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/24/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist

Unfortunately, Apple is one of my week points. Most days I have an Apple Engineer in the cubicle next to me but he is not here today so I cant get info from him. I will open this question up to everyone since it's out of my league.

Tech Support Specialist: John TF., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John TF.
John TF., Apple Consultant

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

Apple ID
Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:
http://iforgot.apple.com/1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:
• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
• select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/
While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.Thanks and good luck,

do you still need assistance with this issue? I would be glad to help further. Otherwise, if you could please rate to close out this session that would be much appreciated.