What is wrong with my Lenovo ThinkPad 440 when the screens…

Customer Question
What is wrong with...

What is wrong with my Lenovo ThinkPad 440 when the screens go to a black and white look rather than full colour like normal?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

What is an OS and how do I find out? Its own screen is temperamental and sometimes works and sometimes not, but it always works fine, when plugged into a screen

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried a PRAM reset on your ThinkPad (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

No, i usually just press restart. What is the procedure for this other type of reset?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i dont think so....

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/23/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

What operating system is installed in the system?

I dont know what is an OS? , how do I find out
do you mean like Windows?
Can I find out what OS it is running by looking somewhere on the machine?
Hello, Elgin. I just tried a restart, but it didn't help at all.

Sorry, yes OS is Operating system, if its windows can be Windows 7,8 or 10.

Do you know what ir is?

Want me to try a remote session to check the problem?

Windows, but how do I tell which one it is

Want to try a remote session?