I just turned on my ipad and I got a message. I turned on my…

I just turned on...

I just turned on my ipad and I got a message

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I turned on my ipad i got a message Activation Lock. This ipad is linked to an apple Id that were used to set up this Ipad.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Activation lock on my I-pad I have had this iPad for years never set this feature up. I use much but when i need to i go on line. Problem is i set my password ***** ago and never needed to access it. Is there a way I can change my password ***** open this ipad. How can i access this thing. A message also said it was conected to my find ipone. I do not have an ipone. So i am some what confused about that as well. Please help if you can. Thank you.

5/23/2018
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

You can try to reset your password *****:

Follow these steps to reset your Apple ID Password:

1. Click on this link and open it in a new browser window.
  2. Enter the email address you used for the Apple ID
  3. Choose to Reset Your Password
  4. Choose to have an email sent to you
  5. Open your email and click the link, and then enter a new password ***** your Apple ID

If that does not work, you will need to reset the iPad using these directions:

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or it says it is disabled, the only way back into the iPad is through an iTunes restore.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    ~ Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

It is my personal ipad that is locked so i cant access this link from that iPad. I am writing to you from my work iPad. Is there a way i can access it though my work ipad?

Unfortunately, no. You need a computer to reset the iPad, but you can attempt to reset your password ***** an iPad, yes. Go to this: https://iforgot.apple.com in Safari on your work iPad.

AnswersByEric