My epson printer stopped connecting to wifi. Workforce

My epson printer stopped...

My epson printer stopped connecting to wifi

Technician's Assistant: What Epson model do you have?

Workforce wf-3540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

Have not been able to reconnect for about 1 week before one every few months i would loose connection put all i every did was re enter the password ***** again

5/23/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this.
I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

What operating system is running on the computer is it xp, vista, Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10?

Apple
I have the printer connect to WiFi
  1. Press the home button.
  2. Select Wi-Fi Setup.

3. Scroll down and select Disable Wi-Fi.
  4. Select Yes.
  5. When you see the confirmation message, select OK.

Note: To re-enable Wi-Fi and reconnect to your previous network, select Wi-Fi Setup > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select Yes.

Try to reset wlan or wireless on the printer first and then try to connect the printer to the wifi router following the steps

Press the home button, if necessary.
Select Wi-Fi Setup.

Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.

I followed the steps 1 to 5 but still not connecting
Connection: WiFi disconnected, still has not changed

Now follow these steps

1. Press the home button.
  2. Select Wi-Fi Setup.

3. Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.

Note: If you need to disable the wireless network to set up your product on an Ethernet network, scroll down and select Disable Wi-Fi instead. Then follow the instructions on the Start Here sheet to set up your product on a wired network and install the necessary software from the product CD. The installer program guides you through network setup.

4. Select the name of your wireless network or enter the name manually.

Note: To enter the wireless network name manually, scroll down and then select Other SSIDs. Use the displayed keypad to enter your network name, as described in the next step.

5. Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password) using the displayed keypad.

Note: The network name and password ***** case sensitive. Be sure to correctly enter uppercase and lowercase letters, and numeric or special characters.

• Press the touch screen buttons repeatedly to scroll through characters.
    • Press or to move the cursor.
    • Press 1 Symb. to enter symbols.
    • Press to delete the previous character.
  6. Press Done when you finish entering your password.
  7. Confirm the displayed network settings and press Proceed to save them.

Note: If you need to change a setting, press the back button.

8. If you want to print a network setup report, press one of the buttons. (Otherwise, press the Stop/Reset button.)
  9. Press the home button to exit. The WiFi light should now be on, but not flashing.

Note: If the WiFi light is off, you may have selected the wrong network name or entered the password ***** Repeat these steps to try again.

let me know once these steps are followed on the printer.

After this we will have to work on the computer.

Both instructions are the same for my printer, I will get the same results

that is fine, did you complete following the steps on the printer

did the printer detect your wireless router and connected successfully?

It always detects the wireless router but doesn’t connect

Dont worry we have not yet completed.

now on the mac computer click on the Apple menu select system preferences

click on print & fax icon let me know once you are there

It shows my printer but status offline

click on the - minus sign it will remove the printer from the list and do the same to add the printer back hit the + sign to add.

How do you want me to connect?

wireless

Asks for protocol airport, IPP, LPD, hp
Address

When you hit the add printer + sign it will automatically detect the router and the printer.

what is the router make and model?

No idea comes from timewarner
Doesn’t not show any printer +

do you want me to remote connect and configure the printer for you?

Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer
please
I have to cancel, Have to try tomorrow

Download and install Anydesk remote tool and let me know.

https://anydesk.com/download?os=mac

Cancel please

you can reply to this email when you want to continue tomorrow.

you do not have to pay again.