I just got a new laptop & am trying to get all the apps I…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new laptop & am trying to get all the apps I had on my other laptop (the hard drive crashed). When I was syncing my phone with the laptop I downloaded Microsoft Launcher & when asked for a PIN I did enter it. Every time I enter the PIN on my phone it keeps saying it's the wrong one

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Before I downloaded the Microsoft app

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

How do I contact the Smartphone Expert?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
5/23/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this.
I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.
can you explain me a bit more about this where do you get stuck on?

After I downloaded Microsoft Edge on my phone it asked me to choose a PIN number

you are getting to enter a pin on your phone is that correct?

I was doing this from my laptop then I downloaded Microsoft Edge. I was then asked to make up a PIN number which I did. Now when I enter that PIN my phone keeps telling me it's wrong. I can't get into my phone now because of the PIN. I want to know how to remove this program from my phone.
I keep entering the PIN I choose but keep getting a message that it's wrong.

what is the make and model of the phone?

Samsung Galaxy S8+

just to make sure we are on the correct screen.

Let me know if its the Samsung power on pin lock you are getting prompt to enter or you are on the home screen and it ask for a pin to open Edge browser

I'm not on the home page. That's just it, I can't do anything unless I enter the PIN

The problem is with the Samsung Galaxy S8 phone and you have a pin prompt.

To fix the problem you will have to do a factory reset.

how do I do a factory reset?

remove the sd card and while performing the factory restore you will loose all saved data and the phone will be like the first day you got.

let me know when you are ready so that i can give you the steps to perform on the samsung galaxy phone

The SD card is inside the phone & I can't access it.

Please make sure the phone power is off and after that you remove the sd card

I can't turn the phone off unless I enter the PIN

push and hold down the power button for 30 seconds it will shut down