Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

After downloading the latest windows update my computer will

Customer Question

After downloading the latest windows update my computer will not recognize my password. I can not access my computer.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer?
Customer: Dell Inspiron 17 Laptop
JA: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have installed the latest updates and was not able to have it recognize my password
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your login. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

When you put in the wrong password ***** and over, do you get a go to microsoft online message or continual password *****?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Neither

Lets see if you have a reset in place. You said it was windows 10.

If you are putting in the password ***** it isnt saying you are wrong with hints over and over or microsoft online, there is not a way to move forward from there.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

Let me know if there is a restore point from before this happen do your pc and results.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin