I have a toshiba sattelite that is a few years old. I always…

My name is***** have...

My name is***** have a toshiba sattelite that is a few years old. I always plug it in when I am using it. Lately the screen is darker but if I unplug it , it gets bright. ?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

It used to be bright when it was plugged in and when it was unplugged.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

As you know on the cord there is a little black box, I think it is a transformer.

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Where do I find the model Name or number? The operating system is windows 8.2

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been happening for a month or more. I tried unplugging it and it ran ok on the battery. Was not dark. However I like plugging it in because the battery does not stay on for a long period of time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of. I usually have no problems with it. Oh, and I have run scans and Malware bytes to make sure it is not a virus. I also run Norton.

Before I let you attach to and fix my computer I would like you to tell me what is wrong with it.
5/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

This appears to be an adjust with power settings. Your PC is running Windows 8 is that correct?

Would you like secure remote support so I can resolve this issue for you?

Where did you go?

It seems payment failed because your credit company may not recognize the charge. You may have to call to authorize or use a different card.

Please try a different card or call your credit card company to approve the charge.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
I called the credit card company. They thought there was a problem but I told them the transaction was good.

Great. Please use the link provided to join the remote session.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/?Session=bafc80e9-7b93-41a8-a79e-539a41d62c4a

the messages you are sending to my phone are not printing out on the screen.

On your PC which has the power issue. Open the browser and type in the URL below to get to the site and join the remote session.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/

PIN: 59405