Cannot reboot old I pad, Don’t know. Disabled, I have two I…

Cannot reboot old I...

Cannot reboot old I pad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Don’t know. Disabled

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I have two I pads. Using my new one. Went to give old one to granddaughter. We tried to clean it up. It is so old. I cannot remember any of the passwords. Tried to get it funning. It says call apple.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Please call on phone.(###) ###-#### I only have the use of one arm, the other one is broken. My daughter is here to help me

5/11/2018
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or it says it is disabled, the only way back into the iPad is through an iTunes restore.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    ~ Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

AnswersByEric