I am trying to go out to my server to retrieve messages and…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to go out to my server to retrieve messages and a message for an Ad Blocking ap keeps interfering. The only way to get rid of it is to delete, but then I have to go on the web site again. This is happening every minute or two. The ap takes over the server. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My iMac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Sierra 10.12

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

The last time this happened, about a week ago, they put me into a trial period for a week. Now that the week has expired they are trying to force me to buy their service for $40.00/yr or I won't have free and uninterrupted service to my server. There are also ads from Mac doing the same thing, wanting me to clean up my Mac of junk. This has already been taken care of with an update to Norton. What's going on that they can obliterate my server messages?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so......

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
5/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you still out there? I sent in the request @ 10 PT, your initial response came in at 2:30, and nothing since then. How do I rid my screen of the ad for an ad blocker ap that takes over every minute or two?