Can’t log on. Dell desktop. Don’t know. The mouse froze at 3…

Customer Question
Can’t log on Technician's...

Can’t log on

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell desktop

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Don’t know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dell? What have you tried so far?

The mouse froze at 3 today and can’t get on since. the screes is asking for a password. Production core is the box which is asking for the password

Technician's Assistant: What Dell do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Don’t know or Xps

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS?

Every password ***** can think of. Trying to log on through other networks which have appeared as choices. none of those work either as I don’t have codes or passwords for them

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

What is this “production core”

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
5/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless / network security key / password? Please shut down / restart the computer and check.

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

S2409
  1. Is it asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless / network security key / password? Please shut down / restart the computer and check.
  2. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device? Who's your internet service provider?
  3. Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

I paid with a current debit card. I want to be remotely connected and learn how to connect myself

Are you currently communicating with me at this page on a working computer or on a tablet or smartphone, etc.?

Don’t have a laptop here. Don’t know OSThe payment info is current- it’s a debit card
phone

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

S2409w why not call me ?(###) ###-####
Dell the above is the model no.

I do live online support. No, not the computer model, but the model of your internet modem / router device(s). Who's your internet service provider?

don’t know. maybe xps

Who's your internet service provider, such as Comcast, AT&T, etc.?

comcast is the internet provider
if the debit charge was refused, I can call the bank
I do prefer you troubleshoot.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your comcast internet modem / router device to see if there is any passphrase / key / password *****? It is case-sensitive. Thank you.

can’t find modem unless it’s the large tower

Comcast gave you the internet modem previously. It should be some where in your house. There is a TV / coaxial cable connected to that comcast internet modem, thanks.

I am in my office and there’s no modem. I have searched for it

Is your computer asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless / network password?

no, the “Production Core” password

Press and hold the Power on / off button on your dell computer for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check, thanks.

No change. Still requesting a password in the Production Code box.
thought you were going to remotely troubleshoot
I need help right now, not in 24 hours
I still can’t log on
My bank said your company did withdraw the funds so what is the holdup?
I started this process at 11:30 pm.This feels like a ripoff
do no more. I solved the problem