It’s my phone. I forgot my Apple password. When I first got…

It’s my phone. I...

It’s my phone. I forgot my Apple password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I first got my phone about a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I’m trying to download Allstate app but need the password

5/7/2018
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

You forgot your Apple ID password, correct?

Do you have a Mac computer?

No
Just phone and not very good at it lol

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that your device has iOS 10 or later.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps to update your password. For iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you feel my service was excellent, adding a tip would be greatly appreciated!
Let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below.

Samuel NetEngineer
What does that mean iOS 10 or later
Earlier I mean

It is the version of the operating machine.

You can find this by tapping Settings -> General -> About

I went in settings and my name is ***** *****

Email, password, and security questions

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:

After you reset your password, you'll be asked to sign in again with your new password. You also might need to update your password ***** Settings on your devices.

Email, password, and security questions

4. Choose how to reset your password: