Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician
Experience:  IT Specialist
101830517

Is there help for laptops? Samsung. Let me check model.

Is there help for laptops?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Samsung. Let me check model
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Notebook9 pro
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dropped it while it was off. Now it turns on but screen is black.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Oh no, i am sorry to hear you have dropped it. Hope its not a hardware issue where the screen has been disconnected/damaged. But you can try these steps to see if it turns back on:

1. Letting the laptop die completely and then plug it in and turn it on

2, Plug in to the charger and then turn it on

3. Connect this laptop to an external display to see if it boots into windows

If none of those steps work, I am sorry to say you will have to send it in to the Samsung service center. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh man I had left this alone for about 2 hours and Just turned it on and now it’s working. I’m bakcking everything back right now.Should I still get it checked out or are there things to keep and eye on?

Awesome! I am glad to hear that it turned on. I would still suggest monitor things like when you shut it down, does it turn back on normally, also try choosing Sleep option and then turn it back on. Try to keep the laptop more stable on a desk/table to ensure no hardware cables inside get moved especially after the fall. I am so happy that its back on. Yes back up all your files now :)

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks again for the tips and I will do that. It does seem little more quiet than before, which I hope is okay. Don't get that fan sound while projecting to external monitor, but when I lift the lap tap open itself it comes on.

I see, okay atleast you hear it come on when the lid is open which helps cool the processor down. You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My dads yahoo email is getting bombarded with “confirming subscription emails”. At a rate of 5 per minute.Anyway to fix this or does he need to deactivate account and open a new on? What are major concerns or tings to be aware of?