Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I cant turn on my keyboard light/ Dont know i'll find out

i cant turn on my keyboard light/
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: dont know i'll find out and get back
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: i think its a comp ds711. does this make sence
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: been for some time. i had a new processor put in about a year age and i dont think its worked from then. when i boot up it comes on and goes back off and i cant get it on again
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
whats happening?

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

Tell me what maker name your computer is. And whether it is a laptop/notebook model, or a Desktop/Tower model, also... and I will have an answer for your question, with that info to work with. Reply To Expert to let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think its a ds71t4700hq/8g/1tb/15.6
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
was that the right model ?

The maker name should be on the outer case, prominently displayed. HP? Lenovo? Dell? something else?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
asus
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you have any more questions

Good, that was what I had guessed. Thanks. Try pressing the

F5

key at the top of the keyboard, just once, firmly. Does that turn On the keyboard light?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that darkens the screen i want to turn on my keyboard

Thanks. Now, try pressing the

Fn and then F5

at the same time. Does that turn On the keyboard light?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
fn then f5 and f6 darken and lighten the screen. its the keyboard light i want to turn on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats normally f3 and f4 they just dont work on my machine.

Look for a function key with a keyboard icon on it, try Fn and that Function key.

If there is none of that sort and Fn - F5 does nothing for the keyboard light, then either your model does not have a keyboard backlight, or the software for such control of it is improperly installed or not installed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats all i need.

OK - I hope that advice got it working? if you're done with the case, are you willing to rate my work on this case? if so, a five-star rating would be good! thanks.