My iphone is stuck o voice over. I cannot unlock. I have…

My iphone is stuck...

My iphone is stuck o voice over. I cannot unlock. I have turned it off and on and tried to enter my pass code and all it does is talk back gibberish to me. Help

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

No but i will. When I do that it says to slide to power off. Thenit refuses to slide

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It is now off. Next?

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2018
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What model is your iPhone?

John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer
6 I think

With the phone on, if you press and hold the homebutton at the lock screen does siri open?

Ino screen says to enter pass code. when I do nothing happens

If you lock the phone and then double tap the home button, does siri launch?

wwhat do you mean lock the phone?

By pressing the lock/power button once so the screen goes black

no, when i lock and press twice, the screen comes up black and says to enter pass code for siri. WhenI enter pass code the voice recites the code and nothing haappens
are you there?

It's is a little tricky but we can enter the passcode with voiceover enabled. To do this, tap on the number you wish to enter and then double tap it to enter it. Once you unlocked your phone, open siri and say "Disable voiceover"

Does this work for you?

I will try. Doesnt work. Nothing happens

Here is a video that demonstrates what I stated above:

https://youtu.be/Mre1k_-FHdw?t=49s

I went to Verizon and the person there fixed it.