My iPhone went to the apple symbol and then black and is now…

My iPhone went to...

My iPhone went to the apple symbol and then black and is now going back and forth

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I think an IOS system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Its been happening for about an hour and a half. I have tried holding both the sleep button and the home button for ten seconds and nothing has worked. My screen is just blank now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I did try plugging it into my computer but that didn't help either

4/20/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt and resume chat.

Which model iPhone do you have?

iPhone 6s Plus

Plug the phone into power.. Then hold the power and home button together UNTIL you see the apple logo

Do not let go until you see the apple logo appear....... Let me know what that does

The screen just goes from black to apple symbol again and again

Ok thats obviously not good... Do you have a computer running itunes that is signed into your same account as the phone?

I don't have itunes downloaded onto my computer but i do have internet so perhaps I could sign in there

This is a problem, if you had itunes you could have recovered from a backup image but since you dont have it installed your only option will be to wipe the phone and set it back to factory settings.. I think under the circumstances you may be happy with that result at minimum.

Would you like me to help you do that?

I would

Click HERE and download the version for your computer

You will need to know if you are running 32 or 64 bit software on your computer before you do this....

Michael T

Please click HERE and then OPEN the downloaded file to connect to me

I downloaded the second link you sent to me but iTunes is still downloading

SYSTEM - We are in session