Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I am having a recurring problem. My computer starts running

I am having a recurring problem. My computer starts running slow. I'll run 3 malware removers. They work great, but I keep getting over 100 tracking cookies that all have sqlite at the end. In fact every single one has identical directories. The only difference is the actual name of the cookies. Do I have a security leak somewhere? They all come through my Roaming Profile on Firefox. Is there something I can do to stop them?
I am using Windows 10 Professional.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your cookies. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

You can use this link for your cookies in Firefox to turn them off, remove them.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences

Having said that, it is usually a website and/or a program running on the pc if it is over and over that still exists.

Have you used hitman pro yet? I highly recommend the free and paid version.

You can find that here:

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx

You can download and use the free version from there.

Now, lets discuss your antiviruses. Many people think more is better. It is not.

You should chose ONE antivirus. Your windows 10 has built in Windows Defender. You can use one like that, or

one such as Norton, Mcafee, Avast, etc and use one scanner such as hitmanpro, malwarebytes etc for deeper scanning.

You can even have all of them on the pc. But, do not enable them all. Stick to one major and one scanner.

If you do not, they 'fight' for dominance with websites and clash. This actually allows malware to slip in.

Go through your programs and remove anything you see that you do not need or want. Look at the second line

next to the name of the program too. It tells you where it is from.

For example, Microsoft Office will have Microsoft next to it for 'maker'.

If the second line is questionable, look it up.

Such as myway toolbar/search engine. It is malware and takes over your browser.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Franklin.Hitman Pro is one of my regular users. A few months ago, had something on my computer that I couldn't get rid of. I looked online and found other with similar circumstances. The fix that I found among them was triple threat remedy. It was to run adwcleaner by malwarebytes, them malwarebytes itself, and finally hitman pro to pick up the traces left over. It worked great. in fact went with the paid versions of each and continue to have them on my front line. They still are working great!I am now a little concerned about what you said about the clash between more tha one resulting in cookies "slipping through".

This is just a snippet of what it does.

https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-center/preemptive-safety/multiple-antivirus-products

and

https://www.maketecheasier.com/multiple-antivirus-programs-on-one-pc/

If you are comfortable with your set up, just use the first link i sent you in the other reply to stop the cookies in Firefox and be prompted

if you want to allow each site individually.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank yo Franklin!You have been a big help.Have a good day!

Perfect!

Can you hit the fifth star for me to close this out today?

Franklin