John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience:  20+ Years in the computer industry
60674955

Apple ID and password forgot. Tried last year. Didn't work.

Customer Question

Apple ID and password *****
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: Tried last year. Didn't work.
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: Don't know . Had help
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your apple password. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Do you know the apple id/email associated with your apple account for us to try to recover your password?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

To reset your password:

You can reset your password ***** you go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password.
https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then click Continue.

After you enter your Apple ID, you can see how to reset your password ***** on the security features that you're using with your account. For example, if you set up two-factor authentication, your steps will be different than if your account uses security questions.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried to reset . No success

Can you tell me if you ever logged in with that apple id on a computer in a browser? It may be stored.

Also, keep in mind i cannot 'see' what you see.

Why cant you reset? What was the message?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got endlessly recycled in the "type the letters /numbers you see" part

That may be your browser if it is doing that to you.

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge/Sarari etc?

Are you doing this on a computer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am on an I phone. I do not know the browser.

Ok, that is an issue for most people. Do you have a computer or an ipad/tablet you can use?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Perfect. It should let you get past that captcha.

To reset your password:

Use this link or google 'apple login' for that page in your browser on the computer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now I am on the computer looking at your just answer page again

Use this link

Please let me know if you need further assistance for this issue and results so i can move on to other clients or continue support with you here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still have incorrect Apple ID for App Store on my phone

Were you ever able to access that apple id from that phone before?

Did you enter it wrong when setting up and is it the email/id that is attached to your phone?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did it wrong. It is not the id attached to my phone

Ok, were you able to resolve it with the directions and ready to rate/end?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Im asking if you want to close this out or need more help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still have the wrong I d for the App Store how do I change it?

If you have an apple id on that phone, that is what you will use for your store unless you add the another id and sign in with that one.

I am not sure what you are asking at this point. I am going to open this up to another expert to review. Please standby.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 7 months ago.

to clarify; are you wanting to change the Apple ID and password ***** for the App Store to a different one?