All of a sudden a voice turned on on my Google phone and I…

All of a sudden...

All of a sudden a voice turned on on my Google phone and I can't access anything on my phone and I can't figure out how to turn it off?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

About 10 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I've never done that before, I would need help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, the voice just said screen off

4/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Do not request ANY remote support for this issue. I cannot remote into your device.

Which phone do you have? Is it the Google Pixel or Pixel 2?

Its a nexus

Do you have any Driver Free assistant apps on your phone?

I mentioned in my first message "DO NOT REQUEST REMOTE SUPPORT". I cannot remote into your any phone only PC's.

OK I'don't know if I have any driver assistant apps

If you do not know then you probably don't since you have most likely have not downloaded any.

What is the current state of the phone?

I can't change screens, I can't acess my email , texts or anything else. If I point to an icon, it tells me to tap twice and hold down the icon but nothing happens
As emails come in it reads what's in them

OK, have you tried to reboot the phone?

no, I don't know how to do that. I have a land line if you want to talk me through it

Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds. You should have a screen appear to Restart or Shut Off.

If you can restart do so, if not shut off then turn the phone back on. Let me know if the voice comes back.

the voice came back on

OK, please do the following to see if Talk Back is enabled and it turns off.

1. Open your device's Settings app .
  2. Open Accessibility, then TalkBack.
  3. Turn off TalkBack.

Reply back to me with outcome.

I can't get it to open anything including settings
  1. Tap on the home screen icon twice to select.
  2. Use two fingers two swipe across the screens
  3. Until you see Settings, double tap on Settings.
  4. Double tap on Accessibility, then TalkBack.
  5. Disble Talk Back.

Let me know the outcome.

It finally worked. Thanks much.

Excellent! So glad I was able to help you resolve your issue. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. Any positive feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist