Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I've had this asus laptop for a couple of years and now I am

Customer Question

I've had this asus laptop for a couple of years and now I am getting that windows is not activated.....what's going on with that and how can i fix it
JA: What's the model and version of Windows of your Asus?
Customer: windows 10, where to I find the model number etc
JA: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: it's up to date as of today.....i installed an update last night and that activate windows thing in the bottom right corner disappeared but it's back this morning
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I guess not
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
JUST TRIED to install this key from my computer with cmd prompt but says it's invalid......what.....I've had this laptop for a couple of years
Expert:  Joshua Gransbury replied 7 months ago.

Have you always received a message that Windows is not activated message on your device?

The key that you tried o install with command prompt, where did you get that from?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yeah, this just started after being on vacation and not using the computer for a couple of weeks.....I got the key from registry and installed it with cmd but it says it's invalid.....some friggin windows screw up
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
from registry
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey

Does your device have the Windows Key on a sticker on the device or are you just able to find it in the registry?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IN THE REGISTRY, i'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU THIS

I'm sorry I got that was where you got it from I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't available on a sticker on the device as well. Do you know if your version of Windows 10 was home or Pro?