I'm working in LibreOffice and I have two concerns. One is…

Hi. I'm working in...

Hi. I'm working in LibreOffice and I have two concerns. One is that a client has received pages from me and sometimes the page breaks are altered when they view the pages on their computer. The other is that so far the only way I've figured out to insert page numbering is to separately enter a number on each individual page. Thus, any time material is added the pagination goes out of whack.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo laptop, LibreOffice software

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?

Not sure of model, but big-format laptop. I believe I'm in Windows 10. LibreOffice 5.3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates. I've tried going to Insert menu and selecting Page Number. It takes me to the top of the page. I add a number, but the succeeding pages do not get concurrently numbered.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Answered in 1 day by:
4/9/2018
Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. This is a premium / paid support service.

I am unable to do secure remote assistance at the moment but I can describe how to fix your issue.

To insert the page number for each page, you should do it in the footer. Please follow these steps.

1) Create a new document

2) Click on "Insert" -> "Header and footer" -> "Footer" -> "Default Style"

3) Libreoffice will create the footer and put your pointer there. Do not click around and

4) Click on "Insert" -> "Page Number"

5) You can now came back on the body and type your document.

Regarding the page breaks, there it might be some compatibility issue with other version or software. Do you know which software are they using?

If you want to share a document, when they don't need to edit it, you might export your document in PDF, so they will be able to see the same.

Let me know if you need further assistance before leaving any feedback.

If the reply satisfy you, don't forget to leave a positive feedback (from 3 to 5 star is considered positive)

Best Regards,

Micky [EMEA Timezone]

Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer
Hi Mickey. Thank you. This worked for the page numbering in LibreOffice. There's one more point I wanted to raise. When I open up a multi-page document, the first page displays alone, to the right hand side of the screen. I have to scroll sideways to see the entire screen. For subsequent pages, they display side-by-side and I have to scroll left to see all of page 2, then right to see all of page three, etc. How do I correct this

This is a default view setting and I agree with you, I never like it :-)

You can change it from menu "View" > "Zoom" > "Zoom..." > "View layout" section > "Single page" (or the one that you prefer).

You will need to save at least one document with these setting (current or a new one). Next one will open with the same setting.