I just purchased a used Canon Pixma MX330 printer. I

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a used Canon Pixma MX330 printer. I downloaded the driver updates, but I still cannot get the printer to print anything. It goes through the motions but when the paper comes out it is blank.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

USB to my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just a few minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to scan also, but it went through the motions but didn"t do anything.

4/7/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, check to make sure all the film and tape is removed from the cartridges.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

How much will you charge to securely connect to my device and fix it?
I think I will pass, but thank you

If you received a remote offer, just ignore it. It is automatically generated by the system, not by me. We can continue via chat messages if you want a solution. Did you check what I sent you? Here it is again:

First, check to make sure all the film and tape is removed from the cartridges.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

No one has fixed my printer and so far I have been charged $78.00. If my printer cannot be fixed please return my $78. If your people can fix it then just return my $39.00

You have not replied after I suggested the first step, so that we can go to the next step. Did you get the earlier messages and emails? Here it is again:

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

please connect me

OK. I will send connection information in momentarily

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded. Keep an eye on the top or bottom of the screen for the notification once download is complete, depending on your browser.

Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=79cc45ac-5bb7-4077-bf86-6c6b666c1f0c

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Let me know if you are having trouble connecting to the remote session so I can help.

The disclaimer says that the person working on my printer is not an employee and may not be an expert and that there is no guarantee. After reading this I changed my mind and do not want anyone having access to my computer. Please cancel all agreements immediately and refund all of my money. I will check elsewhere for help. Thank you for your assistance.

No problem. We do not work for JustAnswer. It is a site that links you with IT professionals. You can call customer service at 1-***-***-**** for further assistance. I will close the remote session and update the system that you decided you didn't want it. If you would like me to send you the solution via chat/email, I have a solution ready for you. Just let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Here's your solution to try on your own, since you decided not to use the remote service:

Is it running Windows 10? If so, try the following: (If not, reply with the operating system)

Restart the computer with the printer turned off. Once it is started, go to the search on the bottom left and type services. In services, locate print spooler. Stop it and then start it. Next, turn the printer on and wait until the computer detects it. Then do the following:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Regards,
Sheri-Expert