Is this a scam? When opening microsoft edge, computer

Is this a scam...

Is this a scam? When opening microsoft edge, computer freezes with notice to call Microsoft at(###) ###-#### Cannot get out of screen short of turning off computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Edge?

Have only relied on automatic updates

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Edge?

Nothing. when I go to Edge, computer freezea

4/7/2018
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That is a bogus alert shown by a malicious website that has hijacked your browser. Is there some other browser you can access on the same computer now?

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Firefox

OK, let's get started. Please open up the following website now:

https://www.fastsupport.com/702812290

Download and open/run the GoToAssist file as prompted (it will download at the top-right corner of your Firefox browser), and we will be connected.

We are still not connected; please follow my above steps to download and open/run the remote file and we will be connected.

Here's the remote link once again:

https://www.fastsupport.com/702812290