My computer was hacked. I've changed password on iMac. How…

My computer was hacked...

My computer was hacked. I've changed password ***** iMac. How do I change password ***** iPhone & iPad?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just changed password ***** iMac a few minutes ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks.

How do I change password ***** iPhone & iPad/
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/6/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt and resume chat.

On your imac, click HERE and change your APPLE ID password, if done already, keep going.

After that has been changed you can simply use it on your devices when it asks for it....

Very smooth process if done correctly, you dont have to sign in and then out again or anything like that...

Once your apple id has been changed then ALL devices connected to that apple id will require the use of that new password

I'm not changing Apple ID, just password. I've changed to new password ***** iMac, now how do I change it on iPhone & iPad/

Thats not what I meant, sorry for the confusion

No. I just want to change password. Isn't that simple?

Are you reading anything I am writing to you?

Can you see everything above?

I see it.

Let me start again for you... On your imac go HERE and change your apple ID password ***** your devices are using....

Once you have changed the password ***** can then use the new password ***** the devices WHEN they ask for it

I’ve already changed to a new password ***** my iMac. How do I change the password ***** other devices?
Does the password ***** by wifi to these devices?

Ok so I am going to assume your Imac is signed in with your apple ID that your other devices are using as well.

(There are other methods to signing in to an imac)

Your devices do not need to be signed in and out of....

Once you have changed your APPLE ID password, it is then in the system automatically

You will then in future use your new password ***** they ask for it

Does that make sense?

Im trying to explain best I can

For example, you can take your Ipad and try to download from itunes then it will prompt you for your password.

Just put in the new one and it will accept it like nothing has happened

the tech at AOL said I had to change to new password ***** on iPhone & iPad.
Does the iPad & iPhone have to be connected to iMac?

You must be a gold member at AOL, because that is the only REAL support they have, there are mostly fake companies out there, posing as AOL, Microsoft etc, be careful of that........

Again, as long as your devices are using the SAME apple id as your imac then you dont have to do anything at all

Go to your ipad and try to get an app from the app store, when prompted for password ***** your NEW password *****

The iPad did not accept the new password.

Go to Settings>iTunes & App Store and sign out, then sign back in with your Apple ID and password and try again

I'm going to go to Securely connect
OK I need to start over I guess.

It isnt possible to securely connect to a touch screen device unfortunately, no software exists to do that on an touch platform

I would like you to change your password ***** the link I gave you so you can have success in doing this

The iPad would not accept the new password. S I guess I'll have to change password ***** iMac.
I may have written the password ***** wrong.

Yes use my link to change it.... I dont know if you missed this so posting again

You must be human or something :-)

On iPad iPhone or iMac?

On all device, NOT imac at this time

Another method is the following

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
  2. Tap Change Password.
  3. Enter your current password ***** device passcode, then enter a new password ***** confirm the new password.
  4. Tap Change or Change Password

The first method always works great for me but this method may be better for you

It keeps asking for password. Can't get to Change password.
Can you remotely connect to my devices & fix this?
iPad not accepting new password ***** temp one.
Are you still there?
The password ***** entered on iTunes was not accepted. Should I change it again on iMac?
Are you still there? No answer in over 20 minutes
I never got proper answer on how to change password. He stopped replying to my questions.

Good morning, I sincerely ***** ***** the wait... I had to run off on a family emergency.....

Did you get this situation resolved?

Michael T