Connect one-on-one with a verified tech support specialist who will answer your question

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

More related answers
All tech support specialists are VERIFIED
A red screen came up and it said my computer had a virus and
Jason Jones, AAS Information Technology
A red screen came up and it said my computer had a virus and was compromised. I called the number hacked into? … read more
Last friday my computer came up with a red screen asking me
Kamil Anwar, IT Consultant / Systems Engineer
Last friday my computer came up with a red screen asking me to call this specific number for help with possible hacking. The screen said that it was from microsoft. My question is - is this the real d… read more
Today my computer froze up and a message appeared that said
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Technican
Today my computer froze up and a message appeared that said to call Microsoft. The number they gave me was 888 (###) ###-#### They took over my computer to fix it. I don't feel comfortable about this.… read more
My computer locked up and a pop up gave me a number to call
Jason Jones, AAS Information Technology
My computer locked up and a pop up gave me a number to call for help. Company said they contract for Microsoft. Tech notion Danny Miller , tech code cc205 at(###) ###-####....said cost to be near 400$… read more
I just got a call that said it was an emergency call and
Byron
Byron, IT Support Specialist
I just got a call that said it was an emergency call and that my license key hadexpired. They gave me an 800 number to call immediately. I'm not very computer literate and I'm old. I ahve four old com… read more
A pop up came to warm of a problem on my computer so i call
Isaac Franklin
a pop up came to warm of a problem on my computer so i call the number they ask me to call,they said my computer was infected with a virus so they charge me $500.00 to fix it.they got into my computer… read more
I just had a red screen pop up telling me I had a trojan
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, tech support specialist
I just had a red screen pop up telling me I had a trojan worm infection and they gave me a telephone number to call and it was(###) ###-#### Is this for real or is some one trying to hack my computer.… read more
I called the number you gave me and the recording said that
Dustin, Support Technician
I called the number you gave me and the recording said that they could not help me. That is why I was willing to pay to have the AOL email account cancelled. I still have the account and it has not be… read more
I had a message on my computer that said My computer was in
Jason Jones, AAS Information Technology
I had a message on my computer that said My computer was in infected with a virus and gave me a number to call, which I did not call. I look up your support number and talked with a tech. They charged… read more
I got a message on my screen (supposedly from Microsoft)
John, System/Network administrator
I got a message on my screen (supposedly from Microsoft) that said I had a virus. they gave me a number to call (1-888-531 8884). I hung up because I thought this might be a scam. Please advise. … read more
My computer locked up and a page came up that said Microsoft
Martin, Network Engineering Diploma
my computer locked up and a page came up that said Microsoft would not let me do anything until I called a phone nuber is that a legal page … read more
My internet locked up and a message said my firewall license
Cody
Cody, Computer Science
My internet locked up and a message said my firewall license was gone and gave me a number to call 1-***-***-**** unless I bought a new firewall plan for $199.00 I could not use the internet again. It… read more
Last night a screen came up on my computer and a voice in
Byron
Byron, IT Support Specialist
last night a screen came up on my computer and a voice in the background said to call the number on the screen. That my computer had been compromised and vital financials, credit card numbers ect coul… read more
I got a fraud alert Tuesday. It said it was from Microsoft
John, System/Network administrator
I got a fraud alert Tuesday. It said it was from Microsoft and gave me a phone number. A company called Helixstack LLC worked on the system and supposedly removed the problem. I want to verify this wa… read more
Last evening a voice and a pop up came on my computer and
Dan, IT/Broadcast Engineer
last evening a voice and a pop up came on my computer and said that I had a virus and needed to call the number in the pop up box and it was Microsoft. that the virus was able to access my bank accoun… read more
Thursday I got a phone call from someone representing
GeekGal
GeekGal, IT Director
Thursday I got a phone call from someone representing Microsoft and gave me a number to call . Said my service was being turned off because my account fee was not paid . the night before and the same … read more
I had an error come up of 268d3. It gave me a number to call
I had an error come up of 268d3. It gave me a number to call and a voice keeps repeating that I needed to call a specific number associated with Microsoft. I called and the guy just said hello, he did… read more
When a screen came up while on mapquest it asked for a password.
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Senior Network Engineer
When a screen came up while on "mapquest" it asked for a password. I gave it one and then got back to my Mapquest page. It seems I have now given a new password XXXXX access to my AOL account. My cell… read more