My cousin died and left me a computer. I do not have his…

Customer Question
My cousin died and...

My cousin died and left me a computer. I do not have his password, but I do have his Microsoft Account # and e-mail, and his birth date

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aol

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My computer is cox.net and phone is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried the instructions to verify given at the forgot password ***** my cousin's computer. I went to my cox.net computer and filled in the forms twice and submitted it. I waited overnight for the answer and was not verified.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
4/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you are not able to log in the computer nor open any program on the computer?

What's the make / model of the computer?
Does the computer have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I cannot log into the computer nor open to any program. I have the Microsoft Account # which is ***@******.***
Make: Samsung - Notebook Model Code: NP740U5L - Y02US
Windows 10
Serial No.: 0LZJ91GHB01600A
I have tried to use the code I get from them, but they are not satisfied with the information I sent....and will not verify
Thank you for your help.
Marge
I do not know how you can securely connect if I cannot even unlock the computer.
If I pay the $39, will you be able to enable me to use the computer? And remove the secure password

You're welcome. Do you mean at the computer's login screen, it is showing that aol email address or another email address? Or is there not any email address?

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Solution #2:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom; it looks like a timer icon.
  2. Click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.
  3. Click on the Shift key option at the left of the On-Screen Keyboard on the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying any of the solutions above?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet...
I have resolved my problem.
Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.
Marge

You're welcome. Great, I'm glad you got the issue resolved now. Also, nine days ago, we were communicating on this page, but it seemed you went away that day. And I provided two possible solutions nine days ago. Did you see my solutions and did you try them?

Do you need help with any other computer question / issue?

Do you need Office / Word program, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem by a local Geek unlocking the computer. He wiped out the old information and re-installed Win 10....so, now I have my own computer like new.
You were very helpful. I believe my $5.00 has been refunded.

You're welcome. Local support is slower and usually costs you a lot more. My solutions would also quickly resolve your computer by wiping your computer and reinstalling Windows 10, so it would make your computer fresh, like brand-new, but I'm glad you got it working now. If you need help with any computer question / issue in the future, please come back anytime; we guarantee our service. Thank you.