I want to factory data r rewt. Surface now I need a recovery…

Customer Question
I want to...

I want to factory data r rewt

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Surface now I need a recovery code

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just started to reset and rroublesooot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To do a factory reset without the password ***** will need to use a USB recovery drive:

• After shutting down the Surface, insert the USB device
  • Press the volume-down button and the power button simultaneously. Release the power button
  • When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button
  • You will be asked to select your input method and language
  • Select Troubleshoot
  • Select Reset your PC. When prompted, select Next
  • From here, there will be a few options:
    • Keep my files will keep your saved personal files. This is the quickest option, but if thee issue stems from your personal files, it may not correct the problem.
    • Remove everything this deletes all of your files, personal settings, and installed apps.
    • Restore factory settings deletes all files, apps, settings and reverts the device to the version of Windows that came factory installed. This option is only available for those who upgraded their devices from a previous version of Windows.
  • Make your selection, then follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select Next
  • Select Reset. The Surface logo will appear and the reset operation will begin. This will take a few minutes, so be sure to allow the device enough time to complete the process.