My windows got corrupted and I need to reload...When I

Customer Question
My windows got corrupted...

My windows got corrupted and I need to reload...When I purchased the computer Windows was already loaded....How do I reload if I cannot even boot up.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP tower

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your Z240?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Z240? What have you tried so far?

I have closing and rebooting but nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.

4. Under I need help immediately, click System Recovery.

5. When System Recovery prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:

6. Click OK in the warning that appears.

7. After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.

8. Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.

9. Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.

10. Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

Resolved. Replaced the hard drive.