I cannot find a way to cancel my PayPal account I cannot…

Customer Question
Hi I cannot find...

Hi I cannot find a way to cancel my PayPal account Hi, I cannot find a way to cancel my PayPal account.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

I am not sure. How do I do that.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

I have tried going to settings but it doesn’t give me an option to cancel.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I seem to have two PayPal accounts r thats why I need to cancel one. I am having a problr problem connecting to my fnb account and don’t know the number of that. I am in Australia

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

How long will it take

Click on below link :-

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/

it will take you to the settings page of your Paypal account and over there scroll down to the bottom of your page. You will get an option to close your account. Click on that link and proceed with closing of your paypal account.

Let me know if you face any problem in it. I will be waiting for your reply.

I have done that. I am not getting an option to close my account. I only get an option to change to a business account

Okay, You seems to have a business account . Please click on below link :-

https://www.paypal.com/mep/dashboard

It will take you to your profile then

1. Click Profile and settings.
  2. Click My settings.
  3. Click Close account beside "Account type."
I don’t have a business account. It gives me an option to upgrade to a business account but does not give me an option to close my account

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and see why it is not showing that option ?

I am also using paypal and I can see this option in my account.

I have sorted it out by trying on a computer rather than an iPad.

Alright !! Good to know this.

I have not opened my rating for you. Please rate me my scrolling up to the top of your page and clicking on stars !!.

Please try to rate me as best as you can.

Thanks !!