Facebook account has been hacked. No one to call at Facebook…

Customer Question
Facebook account has been...

Facebook account has been hacked. No one to call at Facebook to help with this

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

It’s my wives account. Tried logging in today and can no longer get into it. It’s been taken over by a foreign lady who has Arabic postings

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

Tried everything as far as getting into it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried calling them but it’s a scam number I feel

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

We want to deActivste wives Facebook account. Someone hacked into it

What you need to do is go through the online recovery guide. Start at the link I provide and then click "I think my account was hacked and someone is using it without my permission." Follow the instructions on the page to see if you can recover the account. Here is the link to get you started https://www.facebook.com/help/131719720300233

That won’t work as we can’t access the account at all anymore
Facebook seems to have no customer service or any such person to help with this

You are correct they do not have any customer service for situations like this. Did you go through all of the options on that link I gave you? Also is the facebook account that was hacked still under your wifes name?

Sara Walden Walter. Profile pic has been changed to a foreigner and a bunch of Arabic writing. My wife is white and speaks English

Ok have you gone through the steps here: https://www.facebook.com/hacked

Trying it now
doesn’t work

At which point do you get stuck?

Did you get to the point where you can enter an email address or phone number?

No can’t get that far

You shouldn't be logged into a facebook account when you do this, if you are logged in log out. Then go to https://www.facebook.com/hacked

Trying that now
Doesn’t work

Could it not find the account under the email address or phone number?

No luck
Doesn’t bring us to her old account anymore
We obviously can’t fix this

If it wont pull her account up. Create a new account for her, then go to her old account and follow these instructions https://www.facebook.com/help/167722253287296

They should at the least be able to remove the hacked account.