It keeps saying that my C drive needs repaired. Then when I…

Customer Question
It keeps saying that...

It keeps saying that my C drive needs repaired. Then when I hit repair it, it works for an hour or so and says the same thing all over again.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model: Q304U Windows 10 I think Intel Model 7265NGW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

A few days. It gives the message "Your PC did not start correctly. Press restart to restart your computer which sometimes fixes it or advanced options to try other options. I've done both those instructions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

What is telling you that the C drive needs to be repaired? Is windows telling you that or is another application saying so?

I think windows

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I'm not comfortable with that.

I very much understand. You can't be too safe nowadays. Personally, I have worked with in upwards of 50,000 people on this website directly, have remotely connected with computers thousands of times, and have had no problems. However, I very much do respect your choice to not allow a remote connection. We may continue without it.

Does the message just say that "C drive needs repairing" or does it indicate what the actual problem is?

It says" Automatic repair
Your PC did not start correctly
Press restart your PC which can sometimes fix the problem . You can also press Advanced options.

When did this problem begin for you?

about three days ago.
Then I believe it said that it needed to repair my C drive. My son tried to fix it but hasn't.

Oh okay. What did your son do in order to fix it?

I believe he removed all the programs and then reinstalled just certain ones.

Okay, doing that will not really help much. Did he run a disk scan and repair task?

I texted him to ask him.

Thank you

If I don't hear back soon from him, I'll just try you guys later.
Once I have all the info on what he did

Thank you. I will be here standing by.

I haven't heard back. I'll call him after work and get back to you guys later.

Thank you