I had a USB dongle get jammed into the usb port and it broke…

Customer Question
I had a USB...

I had a USB dongle get jammed into the usb port and it broke the divider in the port. I got the dongle out, but can't use the usb port. Is it possible to get that fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A g752vs gaming laptop.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows 10 64 bit.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

The usb port is broken, has nothing to do with an update.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. The contact leads of the port is connected to that divider. If that divider is broken, the contact leads attached to it also broken. That means, you can't connect any USB device on that port again. If you are facing problem with lack of USB ports, consider to buy a USB Expander.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.